Spring is a time of new beginnings and a great time to get out and give back. Here’s Cindy’s list of suggestions on how you can be of service to those around you:
1. Donate Clothing. It’s the perfect time to go through your closet and sort out what can be donated to your favorite local charities. Your gently used items could make a big difference to someone and it reduces your clutter at the same time.
2. Food banks and soup kitchens give you the opportunity to donate and volunteer. Offer to help with food distribution or meal preparation. Ask what food items and preparation equipment they may need – you could organize a drive through your place of work or worship to raise funds &/or items needed.
3. Animal shelters and rescue organizations are always in need of loving hands to help the animals adapt and find happy homes. Volunteer to feed, groom, and best of all play with the animals. It helps to socialize them, lifts their spirits, and makes you feel good, too!
4. Contact a school in your area and volunteer to be a summer tutor. Ask if they need support with summer sports programs or activities. If the school has a summer meals program, offer to help on site with set-up, break down or supervision.
5. Nursing homes would welcome you with open arms when you offer to visit with residents who may not get much company. You can volunteer to read, do crafts or just sit and chat. By giving them the gift of attention, you would mean the world to a lonely senior.
For more ways you can help, check out New York Cares, they have all manner of volunteer and donation opportunities that you can participate in. For a list of current projects, go to: newyorkcares.org/search/projects
The Recovery Coach NY has years of experience and a vast array of resources that can help those in need find the path to the life they deserve, filled with joy and purpose. We come with an empathetic ear and solution-oriented actions that can begin to bring the relief you and your loved one seek.
You can reach out to Cindy Feinberg, President of The Recovery Coach NY via:
Phone or text: 631-921-4085
Email: [email protected]
Through her website: www.therecoverycoachny.com
Follow Cindy on Instagram: www.instagram.com/therecoverycoachny
Leave A Comment