Alcohol, in a powder form? Say hello to Palcohol.
Marketed to boozers on-the-go, this powder alcohol caused quite a scare as it would’ve made it easier people to use alcohol during their daily activities. The product is available in flavors such as vodka, cosmopolitan, mojito and “powderita” a take on margarita. The U.S. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau recently approved this new product, and after much hype has revoked this product’s license.
Why is this substance so dangerous? It holds great potential for misuse.
- The potential for overdose: How do you regulate intake of this substance?
- Addicts and alcoholics can use even more readily and frequently.
- It can be mixed into food: Think “mojito burrito”.
- People could easily sneak this substance into stadiums where alcohol is banned.
- Although the makers of the product warn not to snort Palcohol, will people listen?
- Young people are the most susceptible to misuse.
- Increased potential for underage drinking.
These are just some of the many possible dangers. Click to learn more about Palcohol. Hopefully, in the future the Bureau will be more careful with the types of products it approves!